Calvary and Amazing Grace (song # 2)

divider

Here’s our 2nd song. It is a little harder to hear the “scratch” vocal on this one but you can follow it by reading the lyrics below. Let us know what you think!

Calvary and Amazing Grace

An ordinary cross
An extraordinary man
A simple execution of a brilliant master plan
That would purchase the redemption of the souls of all mankind
And the ransomed’s song will echo through all time

Amazing grace brought hope forever
All sin erased remembered never
I live again because He took my place
Thanks to Calvary and amazing grace

The debt of sin I owe was more than I could ever pay
Though I would try a lifetime there was just no earthly way
But the precious lamb of glory came and said He’d take my place
And in blood He signed my pardon saved by grace

It’s deeper
It’s wider
It’s stronger
It’s higher
It’s deeper
It’s wider than anything my eyes can see

43 Responses

1. Haley Pearce says:

This is one amazing song. I mean WOW!!!! Can’t wait to get the new project.

Much Love,
    Haley

2. Kathryn says:

This is a beautiful song. I love the words and am looking forward to hearing the other songs y’all are working on.

Keep up the good work – looking forward to seeing you at the Steve Hurst School of Music in July :)

3. Jeffrey Mears says:

I think the finished product will be a good. I like the way the this one starts out very much.

GOD BLESS
    Jeff

4. Mark Behrens says:

WOW! I thought the song sounded great! I really liked the way it ended. Are there going to be strings added? This would really put it over the top.

5. Heather says:

Now this is a Talley song! These are the kinds of songs I love to hear you sing. Powerful!!

6. Robin Garrett says:

All I can say is AWESOME! I love this song and it really touched me. I am so excited about your new project. I look forward to seeing you all in Chambersburg at the barn in July.

7. Andrew Stephens says:

WOW!!! Is this a single possibility? Sounds like another #1 to me… ;)

8. Gene Welsh says:

I know this is going to be a great great song for you. Just like the amazing grace of our Savior

9. Mary Campbell says:

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
    I can see this being the next “Shout to the Lord” for choirs and communities!

BLESSED

10. Bill Kent says:

Hey guys! Awesome song! Two thumbs up!!
    See you soon!
    BK

11. Ed Dunlap says:

Let’s see……The Talley Trio singing a Geron Davis tune……..chances of being a hit……..most definetely! Powerful lyric, great flow musically….planning to add orchestration?

12. This is a great song with awesome lyrics. I agree with the poster who said that strings would really add a lot, rather than just piano and guitar. Wonderful song!!!

13. Stephanie says:

GREAT SONG!!! If Lauren is singing lead you can’t go wrong either… This is like being able to peek at a Chritams present before you get to open it. I LOVE IT!!!Can wait for the new album…..

14. Melanie says:

Great song! I can already tell that this CD is going to be awesome! May God continue to bless you in the studio as you complete the recording process. Thanks for letting your fans be a part of it!
    God Bless!

15. Johan says:

Great song! A norwegian preacher thank God for a song like this.

16. Hey guys, so glad you like it! I’m sure we will sing it when we visit Norway this fall. :) We’ll have the new CD with us on that trip so you’ll be able to hear how all the songs are really supposed to sound!

To answer a question a couple of you have asked- yes we are planning to add strings to this song. The project overall will not have a lot of orchestration, but a few songs will have some.

Another song will be up in a few days so keep watching!

17. Marita N Giske says:

This was a beatiful song.
    Lauren has a perfect voice for that song.

Love from Marita in Norway

18. Kjellaug says:

This was wonderful song. Lauren you sing this song so perfect. Thank you! I hope you sing this song vhen you visit Stavanger ( Norway)

19. Roberta Morgan says:

This is a great song and as always you do a great job singing. I can’t wait for the completed project.

20. Robert Hendrix says:

This is an awesome song. I remember the Ruppes doing it.
    I agree with Roger you just can’t go wrong when you sing about Amazing Grace. I can hardly wait for another Talleys project.
    God Bless You All!

21. Angie says:

The song is absolutely beautiful, Lauren! This is going to be a fabulous project! Can hardly wait for its release! Blessings!

22. Peggy says:

THIS IS SO AWESOME. HOPE YOU ARE READY TO SING THIS AT THE GATLINBURG GATHERING. SEE YOU THERE . GOD BLESS THE TALLEY’S

23. Melanie Smith says:

I love the double meanings in “a simple execution of a brilliant Master plan.” What a great use of contemporary language for the old story! This should be a wonderful song for church or concert. Can’t wait to hear you all do it.

24. angela mobley says:

I love the lyrics,it was late so I, didn’t get to hear it, that’s o.k. I think, I’ll try, to get this c.d. I do songs, in sign. This would be, a lovely sign song, and I can sing along, with you guys. I love your music and Kirk’s to. Be blessed.

25. Duane Bolinger says:

Are you looking for new music? I have a connection with an artist that is writing some incredible music that would really fit well with your style. If you’re interested, send me an email and I will give you the contact information. This is all brand new material, and a lot of it.

26. Sarah Mason says:

Maybe it was my computer, but I couldn’t hear the singing because the music was over-powering. It sounded as if someone was just singing way back in the background. Could not understand the words at all.

• Hey Sarah,

Yes, the vocal is a little harder to hear on this clip. We are just singing the songs in the room as the tracks are being recorded so sometimes the words won’t be quite as clear as we’d like. We’re about to start work on our vocals so you’ll get to hear how it’s really supposed to sound very soon! Thanks for being part of the Tree!

27. Nick says:

Both of the new songs are great! I can’t wait to here the final cuts!

Quick question, because I know you all are busy, but are you all still going to be coming to Morehead, KY next week? I live close and am really looking forward to seeing you guys again.

God bless and if not, I’ll see you at convention in Sept!

Nick

• Roger Talley says:

We’ll be in Morehead, Ky at Leeds Theatre on Friday night, June 27th at 7:00 PM. For information, call 859 398 5994.

28. Hope. M. says:

this is awesome. i love the song.
    sing it in january please!
    and im coming to the steve hurst school of music.
    :}

hope.

29. Sam Kerfoot says:

I haven’t had a chance to sit down and listen to any of the new songs yet, but I’m sure they’ll all be winners. You guys (and gals) have a way of always putting things together right. I’m sure the next CD will be great, they always are. I was curious of something. Hey Roger, last Summer I was fortunate enough attend Steve Hurst School. I know Debra and Lauren always teach there, but I was curious. Have you and Greg ever considered working with the sound classes there, or is it just too hectic to get away from the studio for an entire week? You two could probably add quite a bit to the course. Just a thought. Take care!

30. Janice Vincent says:

Beautiful song! You’re right, Roger, Amazing Grace never grows old!

31. Elaine Harcourt says:

Wow! From what I could hear, this should be an awesome song! Love the lyrics.

32. Pamela says:

Love the song! Lyrics are so powerful! Can’t wait for your album to be completed!

33. Trae says:

I really like the new material! I can’t imagine the Talley’s recording a song
    that I didn’t like. Their songs always have a clear message and they
    sing it out (let’r rip singing!) and I like that! I am looking forward to you all coming back my way in Ohio near Mansfield area to sing these new songs.My sister and I are guaranteed to be your biggest fans here! Cool how you guys post this stuff to let us fans in on the action. Next maybe you could let one of your fans win a night around the piano with the Talley Trio. Now that would be cool! Praying for your family.
    In him,
    Trae

34. Alyssa says:

As someone else pointed out, I, too, remember the Ruppes doing this song. I loved it then and love it now! It’s so much better than the choral version as well! Can’t wait to be able to hear the bridge clearly.

35. Jim Wiltshire says:

Marvelous message and melody, and the track sounds great, but will no doubt be even better when the strings are added!

That is my kind of song, and I’ll be anxious to get that accompaniment track.

Praise Him for HIS AMAZING GRACE!

36. Anthony Odom says:

Love the song…sure to be a hit…keep up the good work…can’t wait to buy the finished product…

37. Jeremy Bell says:

The polished version of this is going to be really good. Some of my favorite Talley songs are The Answer is Christ and The Healer. I think this one is going right up with those. I will be excited to hear the finished project. I think it will be a good one.

~o~ In the shadow of His wings ~o~
    Psalm 63:7
    Jeremy

38. Donna Simms says:

Where can I get the CD with “Thanks to Calvary and Amazing Grace? by the Talleys?

39. Claire says:

This has become one of my favorites! Although I’ve heard and sung it many times I have not until now looked it origin. Fabulous ! Thanks for the blessing of this song!