Dr. Lauren Talley Alvey

divider

imageLauren Talley Alvey can add another accomplishment to her already extensive bio: Doctor.

Lauren received an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts degree in Worship Arts from Laurel University in High Point, NC on May 11, where she also performed special music and delivered the commencement address to the graduates. “I know it’s because of God’s grace that I’m here today,” she told the audience. “I said yes to Him all those years ago, and He did everything else.”

Plans are underway for Lauren to work with the Worship Arts department of Laurel University, periodically providing special master classes and guest seminars. Information can be found at laureluniversity.edu.

Posted on: 6 Comments

6 Responses

1. Larry Schaffer says:

Lauren,

Congratulations on your honorary Doctor of Fine Arts degree in Worship Arts from Laurel University in High Point, NC awarded May 11.

2. Cora Merkle says:

Dear Lauren,
    I am so happy for the honor that you have received. You know that you and your family are so special to me. I love watching you as you walk in God’s pathway for your life. I love you so much, Lauren. Cora

3. Darrel Hoffman says:

Wow!!! Dr. Lauren Talley Alvey!!! Congratulations to you. It has been a long time since I last saw and heard your family sing in person and I think you were about ten years old at that time. It was in Grand Rapids, Mi. May the Lord richly bless you in your new endeavor, and when is the next time you all will be in Michigan? I saw nothing as yet on your tour schedule.

4. Darrel Hoffman says:

Wow!!! Congratulations, Lauren. It has been a long time since I last seen your family sing in person, and I think you were about ten years old at that time. It was in Grand Rapids, Mi. may the Lord bless you in your new endeavor

5. Dr mark purchase says:

I was just so excited to read the news. And to read what you said on the day.
    Never met you but followed you over the years with the Gaither videos/dvds. What a good singer, but even more, what a great family, [love your mum and dad] and what a testimony.
    Blessings from Auckland New Zealand.

6. Lois Rooker says:

I was blessed to meet you on Tuesday nite at SDC.
    I loved your presentation and the genuine Love of Jesus you portrayed.
    I pray blessings into your life as you lift Jesus high.
    Love in Christ